Topic: prob solv
Replies: 1   Last Post: May 12, 1997 12:07 PM

W Gary Martin

Re: prob solv

Debbie:
The Geometry Learning Project at the University of Hawai'i has sequences
of tasks related to about 100 different topics in geometry and measurement
at the high school level. Many of these may be appropriate for somewhat
younger ages, since we tried to create developmentally-appropriate tasks.
(I am the director of that project.) Also, the Reshaping Mathematics
Project, a middle grades project at the University of Hawai'i, has done a
lot of work with geometry; contact hslovin@math.ed.hawaii.edu.
Finally, a geometry and measurement Project at the University of Georgia
developed tasks for pre-secondary students. These tasks are available
on-disk. You might contact Neil Pateman at pato@math.ed.hawaii.edu for
information about that project.
Hope this helps,
W. Gary Martin

At 5:33 -0400 5/12/97, Debbie Bass wrote:
>I'm interested in a series of problem solving tasks
>(especially for measurement and geometry). Does anyone have a
>source? thanks, debbie

Date Subject Author
5/12/97
Read prob solv