Topic: Adding Fractions
Replies: 22   Last Post: Jun 21, 1997 12:57 AM

W Gary Martin

Re: Adding Fractions

I propose that we all chip in and buy domenico rosa a time machine so he
can go back to this golden era when everything was perfect and all work was
done in a neat fashion even though no one had any idea of what they were
doing and when they made a mistake they couldn't recognize it because even
though their steps were very neat maybe they really weren't the right steps
but then who would know because we don't need to know only do these steps
very neatly and god forbid that we use trial-and-error because then even if
we did in fact get a correct answer and were able to recognize it was
correct it was all a waste of time because we forgot to write down all
those steps in a neat fashion but then again maybe once I figure out the
answer I could go back and write down some neat and orderly steps that end
up giving that right answer and so I could get credit for what I already
knew but the steps really are the point aren't they especially if they are
particularly neat because that's what mathematics is all about ask anyone
it's about neat and orderly steps. Thank you for your kind attention I just
had to get that out no time for punctuation. Gary