Topic: Stopit Stopit Stopit
Replies: 33   Last Post: Jul 31, 1997 2:05 AM

David L. Hanson

Re: Stopit Stopit Stopit

Mr. Appelbaum writes:

> There's surely a range of options between bureaucratic declaration
> of "the best method" and bureaucratic regulation of individualized
> instruction -- and good teachers are in this in-between space at
> every moment. If we could only discuss these contextual decisions
> about what works when and the serendpity of it all we might begin to
> form a discussion.

No, we can't stop it. Not when government educators claim that they
can give individual instruction to each student in the same classroom
when the range of the students' IQs can range from 50 to 150 (due to
government school policies of inclusion and heterogeneous classrooms).

I strongly contend that it is not possible and when our children
attended a government school, before we started to home educate them
six years ago, we saw first hand that the government schools couldn't
and wouldn't challenge our sons in math.
David L. Hanson
dhanson@hal-pc.org
http://www.hal-pc.org/~dhanson
"Jesus saith unto him, I am THE way, THE truth,
and THE life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father [God] BUT
BY ME[Jesus Christ]." John 14:6

Date Subject Author
7/17/97
Read Stopit Stopit Stopit