Topic: Re(2): at-risk algebra students
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 4, 1999 5:38 PM

Richard Fouchaux

Re(2): Re(2): at-risk algebra students

Lutemann@aol.com writes:
>In a message dated 97-08-31 05:32:27 EDT, rfouchaux@EDU.YorkU.CA (Richard
>Fouchaux) writes:
>
><< Unfortunately, where I'm working teachers are responsible for the
>learning
> of *all* their students, and are required to modify teaching strategies
>to >>
>
>This would be great if it were the teachers doing the learning. How can
>one
>learn for someone else?

Are you still out there digging up old bones from 1997, Kent?

Teachers--good ones, at any rate--are life-long learners. If you fail to
teach one of your students, you have failed that student as a teacher and
you must attempt to modify your strategy. I think this is second nature to
those who are born to teach, but in case any have forgotten, the Ministry
of Education and Training for the Province of Ontario has placed it in our
curriculum documents: "All students are expected to learn."

Best regards,
Richard