Topic: Schools Cheat on Math
Replies: 13   Last Post: Dec 2, 1997 4:12 PM

Tad Watanabe

Re: Schools Cheat on Math

On Sun, 14 Sep 1997, wormsby wrote:

> First of all, TIMMS to me is very misleading. Comparing us to the other
> countries is unfair since we do not "screen" our kids.

I think TIMSS paid very close attention to making students 'comparable.'

In any event, I think the most informative aspects of TIMSS is not how
well (or poorly) our students perform but the other things, such as
curriculum analysis, analysis of teachers' and students' lives, etc.

Tad Watanabe
Towson University
Towson, Maryland