Topic: Sidebar: math LD
Replies: 12   Last Post: Sep 18, 1997 5:48 PM

Tad Watanabe

Re: Sidebar: math LD

I may be showing my ignorance in public, but I thought an anxiety as a
psychological problem can be treated and there are many strategies that
can minimize the symptoms of anxiety attacks. I tend to think it IS a
medical problem.

I also think that people with math anxiety does not necessarily have
learning problems. I do not favor classifying math anxiety as a type of
LD and giving students excuse not to study math.

Tad Watanabe
Towson University
Towson, Maryland