Topic: Re[2]: Boeing math
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Sam Evers

Re[2]: Boeing math

Jack Roach wrote:

>As an example, someone might say, "all is not well" meaning "not all
>is well."

To which H^2 replied:

>So, Jack, in the above sentences, which is the "correct" phrasing?
>You seem to suggest that the sentence "Not all is well." is somehow
>superior to "All is not well."

As for my two cents, that's not what I got from Jack's statement at
all. He simply meant that someone might make the mistake of saying
one thing and meaning another because "all is not well" with their
knowledge of syntax.

I know Jack can defend himself, but I just felt like putting in my two
cents. Also, I've been having trouble with my e-mail, so forgive me
if this arrives at the list two days after everyone else has gone on
to some other discussion.