Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
MCotton@aol.com

Re: Bart's re:lecturing

In a message dated 95-07-02 14:28:28 EDT, daniells@tenet.edu (Dan Lenard
Sebastian) writes:

>The reference to coaches is not called for. I am a very committed coach
>and teacher. In order to be good coach, you must be a good teacher.

You may be a good coach and teacher, but in many districts the situation is a
bit askew. In some districts, the coach teaches one or two classes a day and
then makes double the salary of the other teachers. In addition, the coaches
are less qualified to teach. I know where a math teacher has retired. When
the school noard accepted his resignation, they voted to hire a basketball
coach. The superintendent decided that the retiring teachers classes would be
divided among the coaches, many of whom are not certified to teach math. They
will be required to take two math courses a summer until they get their
certification.

Don't take this personally
marge