Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
MCotton@aol.com

Re: Norm,fractions

In a message dated 95-07-02 13:36:24 EDT, Lutemann@aol.com writes:

>Come now, Norm. I meant the general idea of fractions here. My point
> really is that the concept of fractions is not difficult to learn if

taught
>at the right time. I think the timing is off.

I've watched grade school kids dividing things between themselves on a
regular basis. In fact, I'd venture to say that the concepts of fractions are
being used by many children before first grade. I don't think we should wait
for middle school to teach such a concept, rather some teachers need to
change their teaching methods.
marge