The Math Forum

Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by NCTM or The Math Forum.

Math Forum » Discussions » Education » math-teach

Notice: We are no longer accepting new posts, but the forums will continue to be readable.

Topic: grads?
Replies: 2   Last Post: Jul 11, 1995 8:27 PM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]

Posts: 5
Registered: 12/6/04
Posted: Jul 10, 1995 12:50 AM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

I know this is not directly related to a discussion of
the Standards, but with so many math teachers
in one place I thought it a logical place to ask:

We all knew and loved the DRG key on scientific
calculators, and now on some of the new graphing
models (including the VERY new HP38G) we still
have the opportunity to work our angle problems in
ÒgradsÓ. Now I know what a grad is -- thereÕs 400 of the
little critters in a circle-- but my question is: who in the
world USES them? I have been asked by my kids and
usually end up repeating what I suspect might well
be the mathematical equivalent of an urban legend:
=the military uses them=. But who else? And are they
common enough to rate an entire =chunk= of a
calculator? Anyone know?

mike bolduan

Date Subject Author
Read grads?
Read Re: grads?
G Anthony
Read Re: grads?
Leland C Nichols

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© The Math Forum at NCTM 1994-2018. All Rights Reserved.