Topic: Re: IRS vs. Algorithms
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 10, 1995 6:29 PM

Lou Talman

Re: IRS vs. Algorithms

Harv wrote:

> The high school students who will answer that 2/8=4 will tell you

> themselves that they were not taught incorrectly...rather....THEY made a
> silly error due to thoughtlessness at the time.

Hmmm. So, evidently, they were not (successfully) taught
thoughtfulness...

Now I don't subscribe to the theory that the teacher is automatically at
fault when the student doesn't learn, but I don't subscribe to the
counter-theory that the student who doesn't learn is entirely at fault,
either. Whether teacher or student bears the responsibility (or the two
must share it) must be assessed [or is that ):-> "examined"?] on a case by
case basis. Indeed, under some circumstances, environment bears the
blame--as has been pointed out.

--Lou