Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 10:02:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Wright <c427110@castle.beaver.edu>
To: ruth@forum.swarthmore.edu
Subject: The wonderful internet

Well, I can see how people can get hooked on the Internet and spend all
day playing. It's like a new toy! There is so much info out there!

It was fun to spend two hours surfing, and I'm getting a better handle on it.

I don't know if subscribing to NCTM was a blessing or a curse. There is
some good information out there but there is also a lot of garbage. Some
people need to sign off their computer and pick up a hobby. There is a
lot of "conversation" going on that would be better resolved over the phone.

Date: Mon, 10 Jul 1995 12:16:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: Katie Abrams <c427101@castle.beaver.edu>
To: Ruth Carver <ruth@forum.swarthmore.edu>
Subject: Re: Update from Ruth

Ruth - thanks for this update. It is really turning me off. I don't
want to unsubscribe, but being a new subscriber and having to weed
through 85 or so is totally a waste of time and overwhelming. It seems
to me that many of these people didn't read Annie's post. Please pass
this on to her.
Thanks..
Katie

There were many more similar comments, but you get the idea. --Ruth