* From: DoctorCHEK@aol.com
* Date: Sun, 9 Jul 1995 17:08:25 -0400
* Subject: Standards & OJ Simpson
*

* Have you read the 1992 Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools
* (Standards nicely summarized in pages 207-215) which was published by the
* California Department of Education and adopted by the California State Board
* of Education? I believe this document to be quite a good introduction and
* summary of the Standards with quite a bit of detail given in the 200+ pages.
*

Harv,

You should also be aware that the writers of the California Framework are
of the opinion that the Standards are actually conservative. Have you ever
heard any of our illustrious leaders from the Calif. Dept. of Ed. talk
about their vision of school mathematics - that is really scary. I would
be very careful about accepting their summary of any reform document.

Dick

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch." Garrison Keillor
Richard Pilgrim - Site Director, Mathematics Diagnostic Testing Project
University of California, San Diego
Internet: rpilgrim@ucsd.edu Voice: (619) 534-3298 Fax: (619) 534-1011
- -