Topic: Re: cd rom software [statistics]
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Barry Shealy

Reggie Keller wrote:
> Hi I'm looking for some good software which will allow students to
>use up to date statisics for classroom use. ex. no. o f people who eat beef

The US Census Bureau ($50 and up) and Stats Canada ($495) have very
impressive CD ROMs with up to date statistics and data management
capabilities. The addresses and phone numbers are below. If you have
access to the WWW try the following sites. I have used up to date data
sets from these WWW sites:

US Census Bureau www.census.gov
CHANCE www.geom.umn.edu:80/docs/snell/chance
Journal of Statistics Education
www2.ncsu.edu/ncsu/pams/stat/info/jse/homepage.html
Statistics Canada www.statcan.ca/start.html#english

Census Bureau:
Customer Services
Bureau of the Census
Washington, DC 20233
(301) 457-4100

STATS Canada (The CD-ROM is called E-STAT):
Statistics Canada
In Toronto: (416) 973-6586 or (800) 263-1136
In Vancouver: (604) 666-3691 or (800) 663-1551

Barry E. Shealy
Department of Learning and Instruction
University at Buffalo
593 Christopher Baldy Hall