Topic: Re: What is Mathematics (say, is this RE:-cursion?)
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jul 24, 1995 4:02 PM

MCotton@aol.com

Re: What is Mathematics (say, is this RE:-cursion?)

In a message dated 95-07-20 03:24:02 EDT, chsu@pppl.gov (Chi-Tien Hsu)
writes:

>Very well! This is the point I have tried to deliever all the time.
>I don't see why we can not bring the same good things to kids
>even within the context of formal mathematics. Don't misunderstand me, I
>don't mean to say that the applied part of math is not important, but again,
>it can also be very boring.
>
>Chi-Tien

May I say that this is a point of perspective. Personally, I find theoretical
math a boring necessity whereas applied math can be a fascinating addiction.

Marge