Date: Wed, 1 Mar 1995 09:44:00 CST6CDT
From: Andrew Cohen <ANDREWC@CC1.UCA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Senate Bill 314

regarding the disturbing news of bill 314, the following forwarded
note explains it is all a hoax (?)

Sender: H-NET List for Scholarly Studies and Uses of Media
<H-FILM@msu.edu>
From: "Steven Mintz, U. Houston" <SMintz@UH.EDU>
To: Multiple recipients of list H-FILM <H-FILM@msu.edu>

Moderator's note:
I would like to thank the many list participants who have
forwarded information about Senate Bill S. 314, "Communications
Decency Act of 1995." I also received the following mesage
from H-Net Central:
This item has been making the rounds. It's an unfounded rumor.
H-Net is getting excellent reports on Washington developments
from Page Miller's NCC Updates.

Page Miller represents the major professional organizations
in the humanities in Washington (such as the American
Historical Association and the Organization of American
Historians). As soon as I hear more from her, I will post
the information.
Thanks,
Steve Mintz

Who starts these things?