Our capable high school math department wants us to drop the 9-12 part of our K-12 Chicago math, Board of Education adopted curriculum. We have high academic expectations and we want the best available program. We need help.
1. Does Chicago Math fail at the high school level?
2. Should we split our program K-6 and 7-12 rather than K-12?
3. Are Chicago Math and block schedules incompatible?
4. Is there a better program for high school?
5. Is Chicago Math too inflexible to succeed?
6. One consultant told us many high schools are dropping out of Chicago Math. He, in fact, said he did not know of any successful high school Chicago Math schools. Is this true? and Why?
Thanks in advance.
Dr. Vaughn Chambers Asst. Superintendent for Curriculum Kingsport City Schools Kingsport, TN