Topic: looking for a math game
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 9, 1996 8:30 PM

GoElf@aol.com

Re: looking for a math game

My classes also love the 24 game. We use it all year long. There is another
game that may only be good for a few class sessions but doesn't need a
publisher or special equipment. It's the game of four fours. Using exactly 4
fours and any of the basic operations, including ( ), make the answer come
out to 1, then 2, then 3 and so on up to 10. Allowing factorials, exponents
and square roots lets you 'solve' for more values, at least to 20.

regards,
goelf@aol.com (Doug Salomon)

>Subj: Re: looking for a math game
>Date: Fri, May 3, 1996 5:06 PM EST

>The math game you are looking for might be the "24 GAME" by SUNTEX
>International, Inc. 118 North Third Street, Easton, PA 18042 (610)
>253-5255

>I just purchased the "Fractions" and "Exponents" versions at NCTM in San
>Diego last week and my Geometry class loves them! Your are given four
>numbers and you must use them all only once and use operations to equal
>24. It does help build fast minds and I have found it a good way to
>review basic facts while haveing a challenge at the same time!
>
>Good luck...
>
>On Fri, 3 May 1996
>DySmith629@aol.com wrote:

>> I'm looking for a math game can be used in my classroom. I was told there
>> was a old game to use four numbers with basic operation to calculate

another