Topic: Re: Class size (Re: Getting students to take responsibility) (fwd)
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 13, 1995 1:52 PM

Re: Class size (Re: Getting students to take responsibility) (fwd)

In a message dated 95-10-11 17:47:45 EDT, wjurasch@carbon.cudenver.edu
(William A. Juraschek) writes:

>As for teacher preparation, we here at CU-Denver have a preparation
>program that requires candidates to spend twodays per week in classrooms
>working with mentor teachers for a semester and then a semester of
>full-time co-teaching. Our students also have degrees in subjects other
>than education (No college in Colorado can offer a BA in Education.)
>The Education faculty in the preparation program spend their mondays in
>partner schools working with teachers and candidates, in my case I focus
>on math and science.

Why can't we get the Standards to recommend a program like this? What is the
NCTM afraid of?