Topic: Re:What you should do
Replies: 3   Last Post: Oct 14, 1995 11:45 AM

Lutemann@aol.com

Re:What you should do

In a message dated 95-10-11 22:09:00 EDT, trottlm@PLU.edu (Leah Trott)
writes:

> I am an Education
>student, and I am interested in tips/ideas/recommendations of things that I
>can do now in order to be prepare to teach a beneficial math lesson. I feel

My advice is to get out of the ed program and get a degree in math. Take as
many diverse math courses as you can inorder to get a feel for the whole
field,. Also, take physics, statics and dynamics. Take a good child
psychology course (no ed psychology). After you graduate, go teach at some
private school for a year or two. The Alabama School for Mathematics and
Science, for example, offers well paid internships for knowledgable
uncertified teachers. Then go get certified.

Kent