Topic: Re: the thin book
Replies: 2   Last Post: Oct 15, 1995 4:18 PM

Lutemann@aol.com

Re: the thin book

In a message dated 95-10-14 11:22:23 EDT, dpugalee@tardis.svsu.edu (David K.
Pugalee) writes:

>What kind of agenda do you
>think we (mathematics educators) should be following?

Actually , I think that everything that's worth learning in a typical
education program could be put in a thin book. If you're going to teach K -
7 math you should major in child psychology and minor in math. If you are
going to teach 8-12 you should major in math. And, of course, everyone should
read the thin book. I've also been advocating that all adminstrators have
advanced degrees in an academic area. (no admin. or PE degrees). Most schools
(60%) are run by coaches who probably didn't even like school.

Kent