Topic: re. re. Direct Instruction
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
Thornley_Jobe@hbtpc.com

re. re. Direct Instruction

In 10-14-95 posting to this list Tad Watanabe <tad@midget.towson.edu>
writes:

>As far as standardized testing is concerned, I have mentioned this
>before, but it is somewhat troublesome to hear the leader of "reform"
>movements simply dismiss them.

Doesn't "standardized" simply mean that everyone is measured on the
same scale? Isn't that a good thing?

I think some people believe "standardized tests" are restricted to
norm-referenced, multiple-choice tests. This has not been true for
several years, although those continue to be the most widely-used
standardized tests.

Thornley Jobe