Topic: Re:
Replies: 0

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List
JansonEdit@aol.com

Re:

Lou Talman wrote many things in response to Gary Martin, but:

***
> Is it too much to ask to look at the child's world as they see it,
> not demand they see our world?

It is too little to ask to look at the child's world as they (sic) see it,

and not demand that the child grow into our world.
***

This is the one thing Lou wrote that I disagree with. Why do you assume "our
world" is the correct one? Frankly, I'm very happy that I did NOT grow into
any of my teachers' worlds; I feel that I grew beyond it in many ways (and
perhaps simply outside of it in many others).

I don't believe I see things in the way my teachers did, or perhaps that I
ever did, and if I were limited to that perspective I do not doubt that I
would have less to give to the world and the people around me than I do now.

Do you?

Eric E. Karnowski