---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:08:03 -0400 (EDT)
From: David Piersol-Freedman <dpf@world.std.com>
To: edl@world.std.com
> hello --- I am trying to verify whether this message was posted via the
> Numeracy list . How can I tell?
> Thank you. Esther, moderator of Numeracy@world.std.com

This particularly ugly spam targeted thousands of email addresses
across the Internet - unfortunately, your mailing list was one of
them. We contacted the administrative staff of the sending site, AOL,
this morning to register a complaint. They have informed us that the
sender's account was immediately terminated and the AOL legal
department has become involved. In addition, the FBI has been
contacted and they are investigating. If you wish, you are welcome to
call the FBI and have your name added to the complaint, but in an
email situation like this I'm not sure that's going to be of any
additional help to them.