Topic: sigma-algebra
Replies: 6   Last Post: Sep 18, 1999 8:57 AM

Peter Percival

Re: sigma-algebra

Halmos, "Measure Theory", GTM. If I recall: a sigma-ring is closed under
complements and finite unions; a sigma-algebra is a sigma-ring containing
the whole set; a measurable space is a set X and a sigma-ring of sub-sets of
X which sum to X.