Topic: Sci.math crackpot cited in Slate
Replies: 17   Last Post: Sep 18, 1999 12:41 AM

Peter Percival

Re: Sci.math crackpot cited in Slate

Ron Bloom wrote:

> <snip>
>
> 1950s-1960s
> Worked out relationships between DNA, genes, and the proteins they produce.James D. Watson shared the Nobel
> Prize in Medicine and Physiology for co-discovery of the structure of DNA, after which he pursued this work at
> Harvard.

Cambridge, I thought. That's Cambridge, England; not Cambridge, Massachusetts. I'm ashamed to admit I cannot even
remember the name of the woman who did the X-ray crystallography at one of the London colleges.

> 1954
> Performed the first human kidney transplant, launching the era of organ transplantation. Joseph E. Murray shared the
> 1990 Nobel Prize in Medicine for this and subsequent work on preventing transplant rejection.

Surely a backward step. Now the latter-day Frankensteins cannot be stopped from carrying out their casual butchery.
Hitler would be proud of them.