Topic: What is infinity minus one?
Replies: 25   Last Post: Jun 7, 2013 10:01 PM

Kelsey Coleman

From: P-Town VA
Registered: 6/2/11
Re: What is infinity minus one?

> answer to your question:
>
> infinity = 1/0 ---> 1=0*infinity
>
> infinity - 1 = infinity-0*infinity = infinity(1-0) =
> infinity
>

> --->
>
> infinity - 1 = infinity

Excuse me if this is a stupid question, but how is 1/0 = infinity? I always learned that it was undefined, unless that's what you're saying that infinity is.

Sorry if I sound stupid. I'm just a high school student taking calculus, but I find this stuff really interesting and I'd love an explanation. :)