Topic: Alice in Wonderland
Replies: 7   Last Post: Apr 19, 2000 3:59 AM

Robert Hill

Re: Alice in Wonderland

In article <y93aeireb7a.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>, Allan Adler <ara@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> I seem to recall from the Disney movie that Alice at one point says,
> "In my world, everything shall be nonsense."
>
> Can someone confirm that this is actually in Lewis Carroll's book
> and not a Disney invention? In so doing, can they locate the exact
> quote and a reference to it?

I think I would have remembered this quote if it had been in
the book, so I think it must be a Disney invention.

The wonders of technology and the generosity of contributors are such
that it took me only a minute to check this. I went to the
Project Gutenberg site

http://promo.net/pg/

, downloaded the complete text of Alice in Wonderland, and searched it
for the word "world". There are only a few occurrences and none of them
is anything like the sentence you mention.

--
Robert Hill