The Math Forum

Topic: Algorithm for smallest circle containing points
Replies: 1   Last Post: Jun 16, 2000 4:20 PM

eppstein@euclid.ics.uci.edu

Re: Algorithm for smallest circle containing points

Geoff H <geofhagopian@earthlink.net> writes:
> Given a set of n coplanar points, what is an efficient
> algorithm for finding the smallest circle containing
> those points?

It can be done in linear time. For implementations, see
http://compgeom.cs.uiuc.edu/~jeffe/compgeom/code.html#opt
--
David Eppstein UC Irvine Dept. of Information & Computer Science
eppstein@ics.uci.edu http://www.ics.uci.edu/~eppstein/