Topic: Any small calculators with numerical integration?
Replies: 6   Last Post: Oct 17, 2001 5:00 PM

Dave Seaman

Re: Any small calculators with numerical integration?

In article <9ovbuo$3dr$5@bob.news.rcn.net>, <jmfbahciv@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <9ovavb$bgh@seaman.cc.purdue.edu>,
> ags@seaman.cc.purdue.edu (Dave Seaman) wrote:

>>In article <3BB28C5C.46BB2D37@home.com>,
>>Doug Magnoli <dmagnoli@home.com> wrote:

>>>...although it must be said of HPs that once you get used to RPN, which
>>>takes about a minute and a half, you'll never go back to any calculator
>>>that has an equals button.

>>Agreed, except my last two HP's have had equals buttons.
>>They just don't do what most people expect.

>[surprised emoticon here] What do they do? Move values from
>one register to another?

In the HP 28/48/49 series calculators, an '=' sign is used to form an
equation, which can then be manipulated in various ways. For example,
you can solve for a variable, you can use it to define a function, you
can plot the left and right hand sides on the same set of axes, and so
on.

--
Dave Seaman dseaman@purdue.edu
Amnesty International calls for new trial for Mumia Abu-Jamal