Topic: Estimation and Approximation
Replies: 2   Last Post: Aug 6, 2001 10:52 PM

by way of Eric Sasson

Estimation vs approximation

As an old country boy, I see the difference as that between "Those two
cows look to be about a hundred yards apart."(estimation) vs "The
surveyor wrote that, to the nearest yard, it is a hundred yards from
between those two markers." (approximation)

Dick Pilgrim

On 25 Mar 99, Mike Ronspies wrote re. Estimation and Approximation:

> Our math department at Fremont Senior High School in Fremont, NE
would
> like to know what the difference between estimation and
approximation