Topic: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Replies: 26   Last Post: Aug 27, 2013 11:57 PM

Jim Hunter

Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math

"S Senthil Kumar" <A16492@motorola.com> wrote in message

> I feel what degree program you do will just be formality for your career.
>
> You can do Physics(by yourself) while you are enrolled in mechanical
> Engineering.

> >Is is possible to do research in Mechanical engineeering
> You can do research in anything you want. But i don;t know
> about what universities offer. I know of a guy who did Phd in Physics
> after doing Computer Science.
>
> I myself took Computer Science but now I am doing Signal Processing
> which is in the domain of Electrical Engineering. Looking back I felt that
> the degree didn't
> matter much.

Well it does. EEs who don't have at least some background
in ME, are just about useless in Signal Processing.

You might just as well call them physicsts, or Computer Scientists.

Date Subject Author
1/20/03
Read undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
guidie chipy thingy
1/20/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
flip
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Kirk Gordon
1/27/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
narasimham
1/27/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
RP Henry
1/20/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Jon Cohen
1/20/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Bill Vajk
1/20/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
PoorRichard
kencorn@shangrila.net
1/20/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
John E. Prussing
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
S Senthil Kumar
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Jim Hunter
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
S Senthil Kumar
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Jim Hunter
1/22/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Randy Poe
1/22/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Jim Hunter
1/23/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Randy Poe
1/23/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Jim Hunter
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
PoorRichard
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
puppet_sock@hotmail.com
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Jon Miller
1/21/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
maky m.
1/23/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Dan Selvidge
1/26/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
John D'Errico
1/26/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Gregory L. Hansen
1/26/03
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
8/27/13
Read Re: undergraduate studies: engineering vs. physics/math
santanderjm@mail.com