Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
Subtracting with Borrowing or Regrouping,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Borrowing in Subtraction
- When doing subtraction problems like 100-99, why do the zeros
become nines? How does borrowing work?
- Carrying and Borrowing
- My son has a problem understanding addition and subtraction when
he has to do regrouping, what I call carrying and borrowing...
- Regrouping and Subtracting
- 37-9: Do you need to regroup? Subtract the ones. Subtract the tens.
How many are left?
- Regrouping Four 10's
- How would you regroup four 10's to find the difference between
341 and 228?
- Subtracting Fractions with
- When you are subtracting a fraction, do you always take one away
from the whole number?
- Subtracting Mixed Numbers
- I don't really understand subtracting mixed numbers.
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2014 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.