Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Classifying Numbers,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Integers, Rational & Irrational Numbers - Dr. Math FAQ
- What is an integer? Are fractions rational numbers? What about .9999...?
How about decimals? Pi? The Golden Ratio?
- Venn Diagram of Our Number System
- I don't know how to include complex numbers that consist of a
real part and an imaginary part. Can you please diagram this for me?
- Types of Numbers
- How are the different types of numbers related? For example,
what about counting, whole, rational, irrational, integers, prime, ... ?
- How do integers and whole numbers, rational numbers, transcendental
numbers, and counting numbers relate to each other?
- Real and Other Numbers
- What is a real number? What are the different kinds of real numbers?
Are there any more numbers besides real numbers?
- Classifying Numbers
- Can you tell me about complex numbers, real and imaginary numbers,
- Diagram for Math Numbers
- My daughter is doing a tree diagram using terms related to math "numbers."
Could you please explain in lay terms what surds are?
Elementary Number Sense/About Numbers
Middle School Number Sense/About Numbers
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.