Ask Dr. Math
Monkeys Dividing Coconuts
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Monkeys Dividing Coconuts,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Coconut Piles
- What is the least number of coconuts they could have started with?
- Coconut and Monkey Puzzle
- How many coconuts were in the original pile?
- Monkeys, Coconuts, and Seven Piles
- Seven monkeys spend the day gathering coconuts. As night falls, they
gather all the coconuts into one pile and agree to divide them up evenly in
the morning. At 12:00pm one monkey gets up and divides the pile of
coconuts into seven piles with one left over...
- Monkeys Dividing the Coconut Pile
- A monkey divides a pile of coconuts into three, tosses the extra one, and
takes his share...
- More Monkeys and Nuts
- How can I solve this variation on the monkeys and the nuts puzzle?
Middle School Puzzles
High School Puzzles
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2015 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.