Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Coin Flipping,
a selection of some of the answers to problems of this kind in
the Dr. Math archives:
- Probability in Flipping Coins
- Six pennies are flipped. What is the probability of getting
two heads and four tails?
- Coin Flipping
- How can I figure out the chances of flipping a coin five times
with the result T,T,T,H,H?
- Toss a Coin Six Times
- Suppose a coin is tossed 6 times - what is the probability that
3 heads will occur...?
- Getting Two Heads in Four Tosses of a Coin
- What is the probability of getting two heads on four flips of
an unbiased coin?
- Ten Coin Flips, Four Heads
- If you flip a coin ten times, what is the probability of getting
at least four heads?
- Tossing a Coin and Rolling a Die
- If you toss a coin and roll a die, what is the probability of obtaining:
a) heads and a five b) heads or a five c) tails or a two?
Middle School Probability
High School Probability
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2015 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.