Ask Dr. Math
Cone, Cylinder Edges?
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Does a cone have an edge? Does a cylinder have an edge?
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Parts of a Cone
- Does a solid cone have any edges?
- Does a Cone have
an Edge? A Vertex?
- Our 4th grade math textbook defines a cone as "A solid
figure with one circular face and one vertex." This sounds
reasonable until you read the textbook's definitions for face,
edge, and vertex.
- Number of Cylinder Edges
- My son was asked "how many edges are there on a solid cylinder?"
on a recent math examination. His answer was "2" and it was marked
- Types of Cones
- Does a cone have an edge? Does it depend on what type of cone you
have? What are the different types of cones?
Elementary 3D Geometry
Middle School 3D Geometry
High School 3D Geometry
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.