Ask Dr. Math
Domain and Range of a Function
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Domain and Range of a Function,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Domain and Range
- Can you please explain about domain and range?
- Domain and Range of Functions
- I am learning in school about the domain and range of functions.
Why are they called domain and range? And where did they come from?
- Finding the Domain of a Function
- How do you find the domain of this function: f(x) = (4+x)/(x^2-9)?
- Finding The Domain and Range
of a Function
- How do I find the domain and range of a function? My problem is
f(x) = x squared -2.
- How to Find the Range of a Function
- How do you find the range of a function like g(x) = (x+1)/(x^2-1)?
- Domain, Range, and Asymptote
- How do you find the domain, range, and asymptote of a function?
- If f(x) = x-3/x+3, I know the domain to be all Reals except for -3.
The range, however, is all Reals except for 1. I don't know how they get
the 1 algebraically.
- Range and Domain of a Graph
- Determine the domain and range of the graph of "f" that starts at
(- 2,3), goes down to (0,0), and ends at (3,4).
- Range of a Function
- Describe the range of the function g(x) = e^(-2x).
- Natural Domain of a Function
- Some inputs don't make sense for some functions.
- Functions: Domain, Range, and Piecewise
- What are piecewise functions? What are open and closed points? How do you
figure out the domain and range of a function without graphing it on a
- Domain and Range of x^x
- What is the domain and range of x^x?
- Domain and Range of an Inverse Function
- Why is the domain of a function equal to the range of the inverse function?
- Domain, Asymptotes, Intercepts
of a Function
- What is the domain of this function? What asymptotes does it have?
What are the x and y intercepts? Etc...
- Domain of a Composite Function
- I don't completely understand how to find the domain of a composite
function. Could you please explain it?
High School Functions
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help