Ask Dr. Math
Last One at the Table
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- How to Be the Last One at the Table,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Knights of the Round Table
- If x knights are sitting at a round table, and every other one is
removed, who is the last one left sitting at the table?
- A Circular Massacre
- Ten thousand sailors are arranged in a circle; starting with the
first one, every other sailor is pushed overboard...
- Josephus Problem
- Every other person at a table is eliminated until there is
only one person left. Who is the survivor?
Middle School Puzzles
High School Puzzles
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2015 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.