Ask Dr. Math
Odds vs. Probability
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Odds vs. Probability,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Probability vs. Odds, Explained
- Given a coin with heads on one side and tails on the other,
what are the odds in favor of getting heads, and the odds against?
- Horse Racing Odds
- In horse racing the odds often add up to more than one. Why?
- Odds Slang for Probability?
- Is "odds" slang for probability?
- Calculating a Casino's Edge From Odds
- How can I calculate the casino's edge, if the odds of winning are 5 to 1
and the casino's payout is 4 to 1?
- Poker Hand Odds
- What are the odds of getting exactly one pair in five card stud poker,
using one 52-card deck?
- Odds vs. Probability
- What's the probability that a man can draw the numbers 2 and 7
from a hat containing the numbers 1-8?
- Working Out Betting Odds
- I am doing a horse racing night in a local pub, and as part of the
committee I have been asked to try to find out how to work out the
betting odds for each horse...
High School Probability
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help