Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Poker Probabilities,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Poker Hand Probabilities
- What are the probabilities for all of the different types of poker hands?
- Poker Combinations
- In a standard deck of cards, how many different ways are there to get
a straight, a flush, a straight flush, one pair, or two pairs?
- Combinations of Poker Hands
- Counting three of a kind, two pair, and one pair poker hands.
- Poker Hand with At Least One Ace
- What is the probability that a five-card poker hand contains at least 1 ace?
- Card Game Probabilities
- What is the probability of getting two of a kind in a five-card
- Poker Hand Odds
- What are the odds of getting exactly one pair in five card stud poker,
using one 52-card deck?
- Poker, Probability, Combinatorics
- If we deal n hands consisting of 2 cards each, what is the probability
that there will be no pairs amoung the hands?
- Five-Card Straight
- From a standard 52-card deck you pull out a 5-6-7-8 (suit is irrelevent).
You shuffle the remaining 48 cards and deal 3 more. What percentage of the
time will you complete the 5-card straight?
- Poker With a Pinochle Deck
- If we are playing poker with a pinochle deck, what is the probability
that we can be dealt a full house?
- Poker with a Pinochle Deck
- What is the chance that a 5-card hand is a full house?
High School Probability
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.