- Strategies for Finding Sequences,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Strategies for Tests on Sequences
- I have a problem answering test questions about number sequences.
- Nth Term in a Sequence
- Here is the sequence: 1, 2, 5, 14 ... Find the following 2 terms and
a formula for the nth term.
- Solving a Sequence
- Write an expression to find the nth term of the
following sequence: 3, 9, 18, 30, 45...
- Finding a Rule for a Sequence
- What is the next number in this sequence? 1, 3, 11, 67, ?
- Finding the Next Number in a Series
- Are there any formal or systematic methods for solving problems that ask
you to find the next number in a series?
- Predicting the Next Number
- When given a series of numbers and asked to predict the next number,
what is the formula for doing so?
- Describing Patterns in Sequences
- My students are able to identify the number patterns corresponding to
number sequences, but are having difficulty explaining them in words.
- Finding Formulas for Number Sequences
- My question is about trying to find a formula between numbers.
- Formula for a Sequence
- A variety of techniques for solving problems like this one.
- Finding a Pattern
- Give the next four numbers in the sequence: 2, 8, 7, 28.
- Working with Sequences
- Give the next two terms of the sequence: 1, 1, 2, 4, 3, 9, ...
- 1, 7, 23, 55, 109, 191, ___
- My family is stumped on this number pattern: 1,7,23,55,109,191,___ ...
- Sequence Differences
- The third and fourth terms of a sequence are 26 and 40. If the second
differences are a constant 4, what are the first five terms of the sequence?
- Completing Geometric Sequences
- How do you find the missing terms of a geometric sequence?