Unit Conversions, Unit Cancellation,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives. Using fractions
to figure out unit conversion problems.
- Metric and Unit Conversions
- How many feet/second is 60 miles/hour?
- Unit Conversions
- A good tip for most unit conversions.
- Unit Conversions: mph to fps
- How can I find out how many feet per second I could travel driving 55 miles per hour?
- Time, Speed, Distance, and Unit Conversion
- If a car moves at 44 mph for 50 minutes, how many kilometers does it travel?
- Setting Up Proportions and Unit Conversions
- If you can run 100 meters in 10 seconds, how long, in days, hours, and minutes,
does it take you to run 12,800,000 meters?
- Problems on Rates and Unit Conversions
- Can you help me with problems on rates and unit conversions?
- Unit Conversions - Metric System
- Convert: 3.25 cm to millimeters, 9.24 km to meters, 1,000 mi to kilometers.
- Administering Insulin
- If a doctor prescribes 30 units of insulin in 500 ml to be administered
over 2 hours, how many drops per minute should be administered if the
set is calibrated to deliver 20 drops per ml?
- What is Dimensional Analysis?
- What is dimensional analysis and how does it work?
- Dimensional Analysis and Unit Conversions
- Using dimensional analysis, convert 8 feet/second to kilometers/hour.
- Dimensional Analysis and Temperature Conversion
- I understand that you can use cross multiplication to find how many
centimeters equal a certain number of inches, but I get confused when I try
to apply the same logic when converting from Celsius to Farenheit.
- Dimensional Analysis
- Mr. R wants to give all of his chemistry students enough chocolate
to make them goofy for the rest of the day...