Ask Dr. Math
Dr. Math Home ||
Middle School ||
High School ||
Dr. Math FAQ
- Weighted Averages,
a selection of answers from the Dr. Math archives.
- Weighted Averages
- Can you explain the concept of weighted averages, with examples?
- Averaging Averages
- How can I average the results of a survey sent to 5 different
departments if I only have averages from each department?
- Examples of Weighted Averages
- Can you tell me what is meant by "weighted average," and give me
some examples of when and how weighted averages are used?
- Taking a Weighted Average
- I can't figure out the best way to get the average operating hours
for the truck fleet.
- Calculating a Grade Average
- How can I figure out my average if some things are worth more
- Calculating a Weighted
- What is the grade if the following make up the final grade:
45% = 3 tests (85, 78, 92), 25% = final (94), 15% = project (91.9),
15% = 3 case questions each worth 25 points (25, 25, 23.5)?
- Explaining Weighted Averages
- Can you please give me a layperson's explanation of why and how
to use a weighted average?
Middle School Statistics
High School Statistics
Index of Selected Answers to Common Questions
© 1994-2013 Drexel University. All rights reserved.
Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Search || Help
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.