The Physics of Baseball

Date: 07/11/2000 at 11:11:39
From: Scott Spatz
Subject: How a baseball moves when pitched

How does a baseball move when it is pitched?

Date: 07/11/2000 at 12:21:41
From: Doctor TWE
Subject: Re: How a baseball moves when pitched

Hi Scott - thanks for writing to Dr. Math.

I would strongly recommend the book _The Physics of Baseball_ by Yale
physics professor Robert K. Adair (HarperPerennial, 1994.) This book
explains not just how the ball travels when pitched, but also how it
travels when hit - and why. The revised and expanded version is 142
pages, but the math/physics does get kind of deep.

- Doctor TWE, The Math Forum

College Physics
High School Physics/Chemistry