How Can Math Be Made More Interesting?

Date: 08/30/2001 at 21:45:49
From: Tootiefruity
Subject: I have a problem getting interested in.....

I'm never interested in doing math. What can I do to help me be more
interested? Please help me!

Date: 08/31/2001 at 11:51:52
From: Doctor Ian
Subject: Re: I have a problem getting interested in.....

I don't know if it helps to know this, but you're not alone. A lot of
students find math to be boring.  Here is my personal opinion about
why that feeling is so widespread, and some suggestions for what to do
about it:

   Why is Math Interesting?

What else can you do about it?  Here are some suggestions for how you
can try to make math more interesting:

   Making Math Interesting

   Math for a Future in the Sciences

If those don't work, you may be able to bring your grades up by
learning a few very useful tips on how to study:

   Tips for Studying

Finally, one of the easiest ways to get interested in math is to try
looking at it the way that mathematicians do - which is to say,
expecting to find the deepest mysteries in what seem at first to be
the shallowest concepts,

   Why is Pi a Constant?

always looking for the easiest way to do everything:

   Why Factor?

I hope this helps. Write back if you'd like to talk about this some

- Doctor Ian, The Math Forum
Associated Topics:
High School About Math
Middle School About Math