Fermat's Last Theorem

Date: 19 Mar 1995 09:15:13 -0500
From: Stefanos Harhalakis
Subject: fermat

Is it true that the second rule of Fermat has been proven?

 My address is v13@155.207.25.27 or
v13@plato.topo.auth.gr (Greece)

Date: 19 Mar 1995 09:40:02 -0500
From: Dr. Ken
Subject: Re: fermat

Hello there!

Yes, it looks like Fermat's Last Theorem is finally proved.
The proof was offered by Andrew Wiles, at Princeton.
I'm afraid that I can't give you a taste of the proof, because
for one thing I haven't seen it, and for another thing I'm
sure I wouldn't understand it anyway.  But yes, it looks
like it's finally done.

-Ken "Dr." Math

Associated Topics:
High School History/Biography