Peter Lax

Date: 1/31/96 at 20:20:53
From: Anonymous
Subject: Research on Peter Lax, Mathematician

I am researching Peter Lax for a math project.  Do you know of any
web sites that I could find information about him?  I have looked
through encyclopedias, surfed the Internet, and visited the
library.  I only have one resource that my math teacher let me
borrow.  I know he's a math professor at NYU and his fields are
differential equations and numerical analysis.  Can you help me
since my time is running out?

Date: 2/1/96 at 4:59:54
From: Doctor Sarah
Subject: Re: Research on Peter Lax, Mathematician

Hello -

Here's a site with some information about Peter Lax:

   http://nhse.cs.rice.edu/CRPC/newsletters/jan95/eac.lax.html

To find more, try using the Alta Vista searcher -

  http://altavista.digital.com

and searching for "Peter Lax" - keep the quotation marks.

Happy surfing - there are a lot of pages on Lax.

-Doctor Sarah,  The Math Forum

Associated Topics:
High School History/Biography