Geometry History

Date: 8/8/96 at 13:18:24
From: Alfonso Ramirez Lozoya
Subject: Geometry History

I've been looking through lots of Web pages and I haven't been able to
find one that could help me.  I'm looking for information about the
history of Geometry.

Your friend,
Alfonso Ramirez

Date: 8/8/96 at 17:31:56
From: Doctor Patrick
Subject: Re: Geometry History

Hi!

Here are two Math history pages you can check:

   http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/mathhist/mathhist.html
and
   http://www-groups.dcs.st-and.ac.uk/~history

Also try searching the Forum pages using the power search at

   http://mathforum.org/library/search/power_search.taco

Check the boxes for history and one of the geometry subcategories
(such as Euclidean/plane geometry) under Math Topic. To narrow your
search, use a keyword.

If you're interested in the history of math you should look at
Euclid's Elements, upon which most of modern geometry is based.  You
can find the text online at

   http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~djoyce/java/elements/elements.html

And finally there is always your local library.

Hope this helps you get started!

-Doctor Patrick,  The Math Forum

Elementary Math History/Biography
High School History/Biography