Geometry History

Date: 8/8/96 at 13:18:24
From: Alfonso Ramirez Lozoya
Subject: Geometry History

I've been looking through lots of Web pages and I haven't been able to
find one that could help me.  I'm looking for information about the
history of Geometry.

Your friend,
Alfonso Ramirez

Date: 8/8/96 at 17:31:56
From: Doctor Patrick
Subject: Re: Geometry History

Here are two Math history pages you can check:

Also try searching the Forum pages using the power search at

Check the boxes for history and one of the geometry subcategories
(such as Euclidean/plane geometry) under Math Topic. To narrow your
search, use a keyword.

If you're interested in the history of math you should look at
Euclid's Elements, upon which most of modern geometry is based.  You
can find the text online at

And finally there is always your local library.

Hope this helps you get started!

-Doctor Patrick,  The Math Forum
Elementary Math History/Biography
High School History/Biography