Fibonacci Numbers

Date: 9/25/95 at 2:8:11
From: "Vladimir V. Yaroslavsky"
Subject:  Fibonacci numbers

What is a rule of Fibonacci numbers in math & life ?

                                              Vladimir

Date: 9/25/95 at 12:28:49
From: Doctor Andrew
Subject: Re: Fibonacci numbers

If you'd like the definition of the Fibonacci Series, it is:

F(0) = 1
F(1) = 1
F(n) = F(n-1)+F(n-2) for n > 1.

The Fibonacci numbers often appear in nature (for example in sunflowers and
oil droplets).  There was an article in Scientific American Magazine about
this recently (last Spring, I think).  The Fibonacci numbers are also
approximated by a formula that uses the Golden Ratio, a number that appears
frequently in measurements of natural phenomena. If you have a more specific
question about Fibonacci numbers, please send it to us.

Thanks for your question.

-Doctor Andrew,  The Geometry Forum

Associated Topics:
High School Fibonacci Sequence/Golden Ratio